On 1/15/2018 4:48 PM, Robert Wilton wrote:
OLD:

        If the node is augmented into the tree from another module,
        its name is printed as <prefix>:<name>.

NEW:

        If the node is augmented into the tree from another module,
        prefix defined in the module where the node is defined.
This is OK with me, but there is still a potential for a prefix
namespace clash (since prefixes are not guaranteed to be unique).

An alternative solution would be for the YANG tree diagram to list (at
the beginning or the end of the diagram) the mappings from prefix ->
module name used.
The tree diagram is supposed to give a simplified overview of the
structure of a module.  I agree with your statemenet below that such a
mappig adds noise...  I prefer to keep the diagram as is.
That is fine with me, really just raising so that the point could be discussed and closed.
Sections such as this one are super useful and should ideally become common practice.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8022bis-08#section-2.3

Regards, Benoit

Thanks,
Rob