On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 04:28:18PM +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:
> My interpretation:
>
> Option 2 is to disallow tabs in the output, but leave it to the
> implementation to decide how to handle tabs in the input document, so a
> script would be allowed to do a, b, or c.
>
> Just supporting "option 2(a)" is the same as "option 1":
>
>   1) RFC disallows TABS in both the source-input and folded-output.
>      ***This is what we currently have***
>
> Perhaps you mean that you prefer option 1?

1) or 2a) since 2b) and 2c) are not implementable in tools that are
detached from the author and his/her editor and they will ultimately
require to carry some metadata around and this means additional
complexity for no real gain since the output has no TABs anyway.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>