See below, Balazs

From: netmod <netmod-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Andy Bierman
Sent: 2019. október 10., csütörtök 19:38
To: Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com>
Cc: NetMod WG <netmod@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [netmod] comments on draft-ietf-netmod-yang-instance-file-format-04

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:34 AM Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com
<mailto:a...@yumaworks.com> > wrote:

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 5:06 AM Martin Bjorklund <m...@tail-f.com
<mailto:m...@tail-f.com> > wrote:

Hi,

I have some mostly cosmetic comments on this draft.

  o  "YANG" should be spelled "YANG".  Not Yang etc.

  o  "NETCONF" should be spelled "NETCONF".

  o  leaf-list module

    The type of this leaf-list is a string with:

      pattern '.+@\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2}\.yang';

    I think the revision needs to be optional, and the suffix ".yang"
    dropped, since it doesn't add any value:

      pattern '.+(@\d{4}-\d{2}-\d{2})?';

   (same for inline-spec).

IMO the filespec SHOULD follow the pattern in

Except a new file extension SHOULD be used.

Suggest: .yif == YANG Instance File

Obviously it would be a horrible idea to use .yang since that extension

is already used to identify a YANG schema file.

Sorry about the confusion over this comment.

There should be reusable typedefs defined in rfc6991bis representing the format
in 7950, sec. 5.2

There should also be file extensions defined for an XML or JSON file that is
expected to

follow the YIF structure.

Andy

BALAZS:

For the modules listed in leaf-list module: These are real YANG schema files so
IMO the “.yang” extension should be used.

For the instance data files: In the -00 version of the draft it was stated that
the files should have their own extension “.yid” .

“.yid-json” and “.yid-xml” was also discussed.

However, the group requested that I just use .json and .xml  as extensions (as
described in section 3.)