Andy Bierman <a...@yumaworks.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:40 PM Balázs Lengyel <balazs.leng...@ericsson.com>
> wrote:
>
> > See below!    Balazs

[...]

> >   o  Data node naming.
> >
> >     The current structure of the model is:
> >
> >         +--rw (content-schema-spec)?
> >         |  +--:(simplified-inline)
> >         |     +--rw module*                 string
> >         |  +--:(inline)
> >         |  |  +--rw inline-spec*            string
> >         |  |  +--rw inline-content-schema   <anydata>
> >         |  +--:(uri)
> >         |     +--rw schema-uri?           inet:uri
> >         +--rw content-data?         <anydata>
> >

> >     To make the instance document more understandable, I suggest the
> >     following structure, which adds a wrapping container for the
> >     schema, and renames the inline and uri nodes:
> >
> >         +--rw content-schema
> >            +--rw (content-schema-spec)?
> >            |  +--:(simplified-inline)
> >            |     +--rw module*                 string
> >            |  +--:(inline)
> >            |  |  +--rw inline-module*          string
> >            |  |  +--rw inline-schema           <anydata>
> >            |  +--:(uri)
> >            |     +--rw same-schema-as-file?    inet:uri
> >         +--rw content-data?         <anydata>
> >

> > +1, except not in favor of so many ways to specify schema.
> >
> > That means the file reader MUST support all of them.
> >

> > BALAZS: All 3 formats have been explicitly requested by earlier
> > commenters. I see a rational for each:
> >
> > Simplified-inline: it is simple and usually enough
> >
> > Inline: if you need to specify not just the modules but also the supported
> > features and deviations you need this full format
> >
> > Uri: if you don’t really want to specify the content-schema in detail,
> > e.g., because you are generating many files with the same schema, all you
> > need is reference that identifies the content-schema
> >

> > Which one would you like to implementing? Maybe we could make the inline
> > method optional with a feature (feature if-feature),
> >

> I will just deviate out the stuff not worth implementing. ;-)
> I prefer the schema-uri approach but simplified-inline is probably easiest
> to implement.
>
> The schema-uri looks standard but the contents of the referenced YANG
> instance file can be
> anything (as opposed to a pre-defined YANG template like /yang-library).

Note that the name of this leaf is misleading (see my ealrier
comments).  It is really 'same-schema-as-file', which means that it
point to another YANG instance data file, which must specify its
schema in one of the three ways.  Which may be another schema-uri, but
in the end the recursion must stop and you must find a YANG instance
data file that usses 'simplified-inline' or 'inline'.

> The inline-content-schema object looks broken because a YANG file is a text
> string.

It is supposed to be data nodes for /yang-library or perhaps
/module-sets, or perhaps something else.  See the examples in section
3.2.

/martin