Hi all,

Happy New Year

During a WG adoption poll we have received a comment that the URL should be
added in the reference statement when importing a YANG module maintained by
IANA and we are not sure how to address this comment

See: https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ccamp/zD6gAfEUlYJ4W3qQlz6Y_gfX5TY/

I have checked RFC8407 but I have not found any guideline on what to reference
when importing an IANA module

I have checked a couple of examples I knew (RFC8343 and RFC8348) and noted that
the IANA modules are imported with no reference

I have also noted that within the IANA YANG model registry, the reference for
the IANA modules is the RFC where the module has been initially defined:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/yang-parameters/yang-parameters.xhtml

What would be your suggestion?

Are there any guidelines I have missed?

Do you know if there are other examples of published RFCs importing an IANA
module?

Thanks in advance

Italo