Hi -

On 2023-01-12 9:03 AM, Benoit Claise wrote:
Oh, because you conclude that, if we put a RFC number in the reference, the community will (be stupid enough to) conclude that it has to extract the YANG module from the RFC text directly ... as opposed to look for a location where it's already store? IANA, yangcatalog.
Ok, if you think that this is really a problem...

This was enough of a problem with vendors' implementations of MIB
modules that I think Tom's concern is well-founded.  I like the
idea of pointing to the relevant specification in general, but in
the particular case of registries, experience seems to show that
pointing directly to the registry reduces the likelihood of
some types of implementation error.

Randy