发件人: netmod [mailto:netmod-boun...@ietf.org] 代表 mohamed.boucad...@orange.com
发送时间: 2023年10月31日 18:40
收件人: netmod@ietf.org
主题: [netmod] draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8407bis: must + error-message for "config
false"

Hi all,

In the context of https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-yang/,
Dhruv has received in the past a comment about the use of “must +
error-message” for “config false” data nodes. He reported that comment at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/yang-doctors/gWnXnyNHPVv_nZB1PQjThAwP1JY/,
 but without any follow-up.

rfc7950#section-8.1 includes a provision for the use of “must” for state data,
but silent about the use of error-message. Some guidance for authors may be
useful here.

The following options are being considered:

(1) Remove both must and error-message for config false data nodes
(2) Remove error-message but keep the must
(3) keep both

I think that (3) is OK as this is a formal way to detect anomalies in state
data, but I’m open to hear what the WG thinks.

Opinions whether we need to include a mention about this in
draft-ietf-netmod-rfc8407bis are welcome.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Med

falsifie. Merci.