In article <501ceafb6eba...@e-allen.me.uk>,
   Barry E Allen <ba...@e-allen.me.uk> wrote:
> In article <501ce66c00li...@torrens.org.uk>, Torrens (lists)
> <li...@torrens.org.uk> wrote:
> > http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14177/css/14177_35.htm

> > has bad text overlap problems. It's a pigs-ear of an html, using lots
> > of text position information in the css! I suspect if NS can work
> > that it can work miracles!

> I have similar problems with my TalkTalk bill which all comes out on
> one line.

> see:-

> http://www.bparkfc.plus.com/allen/talktalkbill.html

Both pages are specifying text positions.

But surely Talktalk pay no heed to standards? How many errors do their
pages return from the w3c validator?

I recently joined Zen - because they are much recommended. However their
pages do not validate and cannot be used on RISC OS. When I pointed this
out to them their attitide was that Microsoft returned 300 odd errors, so
the validation was useless. Their service is too expensive for support
that cannot be used!

I looked around a bit. Plus.net's pages validate with very few errors. I
am in process of swapping to them - I have yet to find anything on
Plus.net that doesn't work properly with Netsurf! Support is via the www
site - but it works, and does get actioned.

RISC OS users would save themselves trouble by using ISPs that took notice
of standards!

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats