In article <20090113095326.589eb...@trite.i.flarn.net.i.flarn.net>, Rob
Kendrick <r...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 09:42:15 +0000 (GMT) Paul Vigay
> <lists-nos...@vigay.com> wrote:

> > In article <501ceafb6eba...@e-allen.me.uk>, Barry E Allen
> >    <ba...@e-allen.me.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> > > http://www.bparkfc.plus.com/allen/talktalkbill.html
> >
> > That looks like it's suffering from the same problem as a friend of
> > mine's website at www.colinandrews.net which is completely unreadable
> > with NetSurf - and I have complained to him about it.
> >
> > Unfortunately he knows nothing about HTML so I think he uses some
> > kind of site creator to do it in - which means that I expect lots of
> > other people will be creating sites which give the same problem when
> > viewed with NetSurf.

> If this is the case, the solution is to make NetSurf render the tool's
> output, not for you to complain at him about it.

> If people can deconstruct the HTML and make a minimal test case,
> that'll help us towards that.

Dare I say that I passed the phone bill though a CSS validator which came
up with many "You must put an unit after your number" (two for each
positioning element 'top' and 'left'in each page). But I know I'll be
told Validators are crap and a waste of time, irrelevant, and should all
be expunged so I'll shut up soon. Putting 'px' after each occurrence
should render the page correctly. And does.

Should (does) NS assume pixels, points or parsecs when no units are
present?

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com