In article <85d3403c50.da...@david.wanadoo.fr>,
   David J Worden <aux.au...@free.fr> wrote:

[snip]

> Whatever its shortcomings may be, I have graduated via Fresco, Oregano
> and Oregano2 to NetSurf and I now use it exclusively under RISC OS
> (other than when checking that my websites work satisfactorily with
> the other browsers).

Absolutely. "Me too." I was not meaning to cast aspersions on the
excellent work by the NetSurf team. I find it so quick (combined with
booting RISC OS) that compared to loading FF (on a reasonably quick but
booting PC) I can have researched something via Google all the way to a
page that doesn't quite work in RO Netsurf and transferred a URL file to
a common directory before the PC has booted and FF is ready to paste it
in!

Though less capable, I find it an invaluably better tool in terms of
productivity. It is no wonder to me that FF on Iyonix is slow and not
because anything its porter has done, I am certain. It means that the
native NetSurf is streets ahead of the competition, albeit without some
of the wallpaper and ornaments.

At least I can be pretty sure that if a web page works as intended in
Netsurf it will pretty much work everywhere. After that I find MIE the
quirky one for which changes to table cell alignment have to be made, for
one thing.

NetSurf has its foibles but so does everything.

If you have many web sites gradually to change over to CSS it is a
simple-ish exercise to begin by adding <link type="text/css"
rel="StyleSheet" href="/style.css" /> after the </title> and change

http://www.webchange.co.uk/

If you have all your web sites stored in a master web site directory (as
here) those changes can be made to every HTML page in every site in one
go. Then give each web site its own style.css file.

Unfortunately, if you have the habit of varying the old <body..>
attributes from page to page this will be of limited use.  ;-)

Also unfortunately, there are some issues with NetSurf loading CSS files
locally so you may not know it all works except when uploaded to your web
space.

--
Tim Hill,

www.timil.com