In article <7ea8523b50.da...@david.wanadoo.fr>,
   David J Worden <aux.au...@free.fr> wrote:
> In a two-language website for a friend I have used the colour red on
> English pages and blue on French pages (in headings, etc., at her
> request), and so I have specified the link colour as green rather than
> the default blue.

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but the problem of ignored link
body tags (discussion of which may need to be preceded by a strict
definition of the subjective term "not difficult" ;) can be easily
overcome _if_ you have control of the web site. To control main document
colours with CSS use:

body    {
               background-color: #000000;
               color: #ffffff;
               }

a:visited { color: #ffffcc }
a:link    { color: #ccffcc }
a:hover   { color: #ffcccc }

"My" sites were driving me mad so NetSurf did me the favour of forcing me
to 'upgrade' to CSS because of this seemingly bizarre omission from its
fundamental repertoire. (It's as if, like, they thought "nobody uses body
tags" because they're deprecated, ain't they? But not when those pages
were written, they wasn't? A shame so it is that the term deprecated
seems misunderstood so widely? Innit?)

With apologies to Armstrong and Miller.

Tim Hill,

www.timil.com