On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:43:01 +0100, John-Mark Bell wrote:

> What is happening is that Pluto fails to rewrite the image reference in
> the HTML document, so NetSurf attempts to fetch a file that doesn't
> exist, and instead builds an error page, which then generates the
> BadType report.

Should NetSurf perhaps be returning a "bad image" image instead of an
HTML error, if the request which causes the error to be generated was
expecting an object of type image/* ?

The same goes for web-hosted images and other objects which can't be
decoded or handled.  Currently we show any ALT text, but a broken
image/unhandled content icon as well might make things a bit more
intuitive for the user.

Chris