On 13 Oct 2012  cj <ch...@chris-johnson.org.uk> wrote:

> In article <eee21ade52.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
>    Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:
>> Any ideas as to what is going on would be gratefully received!

> Try going in to !Fetch_NS.!Run and change the line

> If NetSurf$LatestVersion <> "" THEN Set NetSurf$PreviousVersion
> <NetSurf$LatestVersion>

> If "<NetSurf$LatestVersion>" <> "" THEN Set NetSurf$PreviousVersion
> <NetSurf$LatestVersion>

> It then works OK.

Not here, I'm afraid. Made that change, and still get the "Unknown
operand" error. Then I tried it on VRPC, RISC OS 4.02, and got the
same error.

> I have always had an automated way of upgrading NetSurf.

So did I, and of course it no longer works.

> It is possible to extend the !Run file to keep the previous
> version(s) and automatically copy !NetSurf out of the archive etc.
> Obey files can be very powerful!

Yes. my script did that, and also kept the three previous zips as
backups.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.