On 14 Oct 2012  Richard Ashbery <ris...@gotadsl.co.uk> wrote:

>>> And Netsurf 3.0 (Dev C1 #463) now works well, so more thanks.

>> Ditto here. Thanks for #463 & Fetch_NS

> Excellent utility John - great time saver - many thanks

Bewilderment continues here, I'm afraid. It seems that my previous
download was corrupted somehow, and there's potential for it working
on the ARMini, but it does nothing at all on VRPC running RISC OS
4.02.

On the ARMini it's evident that cURL doesn't work, and falls over with
the error message I posted upthread, but there are two oddities. Even
though cURL is in Boot.Library, Fetch_NS reports:

14 Oct 13:48:25 000 000000D6: Error from Fetch latest NetSurf: File
'curl' not found

unless I open the library so that cURL is booted. Then I get the error
message when cURL doesn't work, then a very odd message:

4 Oct 14:28:59 000 000000CC: Error from (unknown): File name '.' not
recognise, in spite of:

*show Fetch$Dir
Fetch$Dir : SCSI::armini.$.Internet.!Fetch_NS

and if I do a Filer_OpenDir on SCSI::armini.$.Internet.!Fetch_NS.^
(without the trailing dot) the correct directory opens, but not if it
does have the trailing dot.

Has anyone found an ARMini-compatible cURL yet? And why should I get
the above two error messages? Or is it just not something that will
work with an ARMini?

With best wishes,

Peter (a.k.a. puzzled of Cheltenham).

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.