On 14 Oct 2012  Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Ditto here. Thanks for #463 & Fetch_NS

>> Excellent utility John - great time saver - many thanks

> Bewilderment continues here, I'm afraid.

But no longer! I took up Frank's suggestion of replacing cURL with
wget, and it now works, very fast too; sorry to have wittered on so
much!

Also, I had been expecting task windows to open, which added to the
mystification.

If I can get a round tuit (or preferably someone who understands
things better could get one of those), would there be interest in
adding bits to the program, similar to the bits I had in my old
script? What these did is:

  1) Copy the old NetSurf as Old_NS (note the lack of pling) and
     then delete the old app.

  2) Do sequential deletes and copies so that the last three zips
     are kept for backup.

  3) Open the new zip and copy out the app to the directory in
     which the script is.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.