On 26 Oct 2012 Jess Hampshire  wrote:

> In message <e5e2bae452.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>
>           Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

>> Yes, there are long-standing problems with editing in a textarea,
>> especially if you try to cut and paste text. The cursor sits on the
>> line below where the text would go, which is most confusing if you're
>> not prepared for it. There is also a nasty gotcha where if you drag a
>> text file into the textarea NS just opens the file in the main window
>> thereby losing the form that you were completing.

> It seems a bit of a waste of effort to make the editor really
> polished, when system editors already offer the required
> functionality.

Yes...but. It seems a bit clumsy to have to use another application to
edit the contents of a textarea, especially if you have to copy the
existing text into the editor to start with. There would need to be a
quick means of doing it.

That said I sometimes use Edit to compose the text in case there's a
problem with the web site and it gets lost. Also it gives me the
option of trying another browser.
--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
                                      mailto:r...@minijem.plus.com