OK perhaps I needed to be more explicit in what I wanted to achieve
from this testing.

I am interested in the persistent disc cache write performance on
different platforms, especially RISC OS, to see if my recent changes
improve the situation there..

This means the browser must be used to retrieve numerous web pages with
lots of cacehable content (images, html, css etc.) and given time to
write that data to disc. This usually happens in the background while
the user is reading the page they just loaded.

It is not useful (or sufficient) to simply load the browser, visit a
page and exit. This is explicitly why I asked for help from real users
because developers usage data is not representative. So if you
participate please do run the browser for a while for your usual
browsing session and return the information at the end.

The pages you visit, the speed of your connection and the sites you
visit have no bearing on the results I am after. As long as the sites
data is cacehable in some way it should be sufficient.

The information I want is contained in the log file at exit as most of
you have discovered. I have improved whats reported with build CI 2774
and would appreciate two lines of output which appear all together
near the end of the log.

An example is:
content/fs_backing_store.c finalise 1613: Cache total/hit/miss/fail (counts)
2620/240/2380/0 (100%/9%/90%/0%)
content/llcache.c llcache_finalise 3361: Backing store wrote 96531600 bytes in
6617 ms average 14626000 bytes/second

This example shows 96 Megabytes of data written in 6.6 seconds
yielding the 14 Megabytes a second rate from a long browsing session

Note that data was written over a couple of hours the time here refers
to the actual the browser had to wait for the OS to complete the write
operation.

I would like these two lines from the logfile along with the OS and
hardware spec of the system. E.g. "RISC OS 5 on Iyonix with FAT
formatted hard drive" or "ROOL beta on Raspberry Pi 2 with FAT
formatted SD card"

If your cache is being effective you may notice that subsequent runs
of the browser have quite varying write rates which can be caused by
not writing enough data to get a sensible average. Unless the cache
has written at least 250 kilobytes of data the results are not useful.

For example if your cache has only written a hundred bytes of data the
time it takes to do that will hugely affect the write rate. This is
the cause of several "false positives" on the "write rate too slow"
previously because a write of a hundred bytes that took a millisecond
was considered as "too slow" instead of a rounding error!

--
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/