Thanks Ian,

in respect to the theme of the TED talk and your post-subject, this Wired
article on China's new citizen rating system is worth looking at, if you
haven't seen:

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

(your 'brave" posting of a TED talk has openned the way for me to post a Wired
article!)

best

Lincoln