And this just in:

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.07397

We introduce the first method for constructing real-world 3D objects that
consis-
tently fool a neural network across a wide distribution of angles and
viewpoints.
We present a general-purpose algorithm for generating adversarial examples that
are robust across any chosen distribution of transformations.

Video of a rather impressive demo (turtle gets classified as a rifle) at:

https://www.labsix.org/media/2017/10/31/video.mp4
https://www.labsix.org/physical-objects-that-fool-neural-nets/

The point of all these attacks appears to be that "AI" is just plain old primitive classifiers, rebranded by the marketing, all extremely brittle, working under naive assumptions (but good enough for demos and PR.) "AI" sounds more scary and induces defeatism, resignation, and deference to technology, which is its sole purpose.

..

#  archive: http://www.nettime.org contact: nett...@kein.org