----- Original Message -----
From: Tomasz Wzietek
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 1999 5:39 PM

Hello everyone,

I've been using Mandrake 5.2 for 5 days now and had no problems whatsoever.
Configuration went OK and I got most of the things I wanted to work. I still have a
few questions though and I hope someone can help me out:

1) how to enable DPMS features? I want my monitor to shut off after a specific time.
put 'OffTime 30' in XF86Config but the DPMS is not enabled. If I do 'xset +dpms' in
X,
it works alright but I want to have it set automatically. The manual for XF86Config
says that "power_saver has to be enabled". How?

2) how to turn off the internal modem speaker (mine is USR Sportster v.90/INT/D/F/V)
so that it's silent when it dials out? Is it posible at all? I often use my machine
at
nights and don't want to wake up my wife :-)

3) how to get rid of the Virtual Desktop feature in KDE? I commented out all the
instances of 'Virtual' in XF86Config which fixed the problem partially. Everything
is
OK in 800x600 but in 640x480 my screen behaves as if it were in virtual 800x600. (I
have a 14" monitor so I can't use anything higher and sometimes need 640x480)