Lloyd wrote:

> Tomasz Wzietek wrote:
>

> > 2) how to turn off the internal modem speaker (mine is USR Sportster
>v.90/INT/D/F/V)
> > so that it's silent when it dials out? Is it posible at all? I often use my machine
> > at
> > nights and don't want to wake up my wife :-)
>
> I'm not all that familiar with modems under Linux (actually, not at
> all), but if there is an initialization string for your modem, you can
> add the command to shut off the modem speaker. I think the command is
> M0, (just looked it up) Check your modem manual. I have an older 28.8
> Sportster and it says M0 will leave the speaker always turned off. You
> could also write that command to your modem's NVRAM if you prefer. Hope
> I helped...:-)
>
> Lloyd Osten
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Uhm...have you tried disabling the speaker through kPPP? There is a slider that
does what you want. The lowest setting should be 0. ie. no sound. If you've
tried this and it does not work, sorry. It does for me (and I'm using an
external modem if that means anything)

Regards,
--
Kuraiken - Apprentice Codecaster