when i install a file from an rpm or tar.gz it seems that all the files
in the rpm or tar.gz are treated like text files instead of executables
like they should be! what gives?! i downloaded these files under windows
98 then mounted my fat 32 partition under linux got the files from the
fat 32 partition  put them on my linux partition and tried to install
them and it extracts them ok and everything just none of the files are
treated correctly they are all treated like executeables! someone please
help me!