I am a total newbie to linux.  I am having problems installing different
programs.  I downloaded the game Maelstrom, and the sound system OSS.  I can
not get either to install.  I have gotten Maelstrom un-gz, and un-tar, but
how do I install the program?  Second, I try to go into the oss-install
directory, and it gives me the message "No such file or directory".  I am
not sure how to fix this, it is un-tared, and I can read the readme...I cant
even exec the install in Xwin.  Thirdly,  for some reason, I cannot access
LICQ in any other way than going through Terminal...I have to go into term
and type "licq", this works, but for some reason, I cannot get xwin to
install the program right, or to access the icon I set there.  I would
appreciate some help.

Shawn Pierce