I've got Mandrake 5.3 running pretty smoothly on a K2-166MHz with 64mb
RAM, 6.4gb hdd, and a Matrox Mystique PCI card.  kppp is working as is
most of Netscape....

But RVPlayer 5.0 is not working quite the way I'd hoped.  I followed
directions in a "How to Use Linux Book," by Bill Ball, and although I
think the book does a good job in a lot of places, the rvplayer install
didn't work for me.  I check the directions a couple of times and I
still get error msgs on the order of

"a plugin for the mime type audio/x-wav was not found"

when I visit "www.hampsterdance.com"

or a quick "false-load" of a recording when I click on

http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/19990416.atc.04.ram

which is located on
http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/archives/1999/current.html

-=-=

Sound is setup pretty well on KDE.  I can get sound effects when I move
from desktop to desktop, or if I close a window,....  The Kmedia program
worked pretty well, also.  Is there a way to set that up.  I got Plugger
3.0 (after seeing it mentioned in a DejaNews msg), but was only able to
set it up for root, not a regular user.  It will take care of the *.wav
files and plays them, but I'd rather not go around as "root" to hear
"wav" files.

I'd very much like to be able to grab/play npr radio programs and other
rvplayer .ram, .rm,... files.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

gerry, York, PA