Jose Alberto Abreu wrote:

> And how does one configure a soundcard manually (when the card included drivers for
>every OS except Linux)?
>
> ---
> "Free your mind... and your ass will follow"
>                                                              Bono, U2

> Get your PERSONALIZED START PAGE at http://my.lycos.com

Hi, Jose,

I assume you have the sound card working under another operating system,
like Windows 95.  You can configure the sound card with 'sndconfig'.
You'll need to know the sound card's i/o port, irq, dma, 16-bit dma.  If
you have a Sound Blaster or a clone, these values are usually 220, 5, 1,
5.  You can check in the Windows Device Manager, or it'll scroll by
during bootup.  The surest way to get sound is to recompile your kernel
and build in sound support.  If you're running a stock Mandrake 5.3
installation, you're running kernel 2.0.36.  I would recommend upgrading
to the latest kernel 2.2.6.  OK, good luck,

Hidong