Hi there,

I had the same problem, and this is what I found on a newsgroup that worked:

1. Edit /etc/conf.modules file and add the following lines:
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
Save it and reboot Linux.
2. start printtool in Control-panel and add your printer. It should now
recognize your printer port. the command modprobe -c should give you the above
lines (and a lot more)
Cheers:  Bela
(http://members.xoom.com/_XOOM/belantos/index.html)