I think your swap file is too big although I don't know if that affects
speed or not. The maximum is 128mb. You can make two swap files,
though. With only 64 mb of RAM and a sluggish 233 pentium, Linux
Mandrake in my computer whips right along fastfast. Maybe some
configuration problem.
Te watcho, steve Winston