Linda and Mike wrote:

Hi,

I am going to be reinstalling again, but since our last install, we updated our
system with a new motherboard, chipset to 450/100MHZ, and doubled our RAM from
128 to 256.  Can we make one swap partition size of 256 or do we have to make 2
partitions of 128MG each?

Linda

At 09:02 PM 6/5/99 +0200, you wrote:
>On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Hidong Kim wrote:
>
>> I'm pretty sure the maximum allowable single swap partition size is 128
>> mb.
>
>No longer. It used to be until some 2.1 kernel (2.1.25, I think).
>
>LLaP
>bero

What is the max swap file size, or is there no limit(based on your ram)
I to have 256 and ran two 128's
It works but if I don't need it I would rather stick with one swap file

Rhich
Icq8150164