Help I've tried upgrading from mandrake 5.3, clean installing 6.0 and still
can't get it to work. I got the cd from cheapbytes. Everything seems to
install correctly, but when it re-boots I have nothing but problems.

It goes thru boot until after the hard drive optimizations then I get the
following errors.

Creating /mnt/disk
/bin/mkdir: /bin/mkdir: cannot execute binary file

[FAILED]
INIT:  Entering runlevel: 3
INIT:  cannot execute etc/rc.d/rc
INIT:  Id "1" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  Id "2" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  Id "3" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  Id "4" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  Id "5" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  Id "6" respawning to fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT:  no more processes left in this runlevel

Then every five minutes it repeats the INIT respawning lines
The only way to exit is to do a power down. Any ideas. Do I have a bad cd?

Lyndon Lininger Sr.