when the floppy is formatted..it won't be bootable unless you do a full
format.. a quick format won't be bootable.  are you doing "rawrite" from a dos
promt ? if not cd to the drive that is the cdrom then cd to \dosutils ...enter
command "rawrite.exe" ...it will ask where the image file is...on redhat it's
\images\boot.img (i don't know about Mandrake" then it will ask where to
copy... just type "a:"

hope that this helps