On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Lloyd O. wrote:
> "Lyndon Lininger Sr." wrote:
> >
> > Help I've tried upgrading from mandrake 5.3, clean installing 6.0 and still
> > can't get it to work. I got the cd from cheapbytes. Everything seems to
> > install correctly, but when it re-boots I have nothing but problems.

<snip>

> I have EXACTLY the same problem. I've tried to install
> Mandrake 6 probably 15 times, ad I've been very fortunate if
> I even got it to boot.
> Maybe you could provide your hardware specifics?

Hi guys,

I hate to add a "me too" but I have to.  I installed 6.0 (from the Cheapbytes
CD) and thought all was well until I left the machine for a few hours and upon
my return the box was locked up, a la Windows 9x.  After a few aborted fscks 6.0
was running again only to suffer the same failure an hour later.

Venus reminds me too much of my MS beta-testing days <shudder> and should be
considered beta software.... YMMV (but probably won't!)

John Knopp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Back to Festen and enjoying life again!)