hi, I was just wondering if someone out there can explain to me how to fix
the problems I am having with mandrake 6.0??

when I had 5.3 everything was running just about perfect, I had samba setup
and it ran perfectly with my windows machine, I had internet setup and it
worked perfect but now that i have 6.0 all I have had is problems,
I set up my internet connection the same way that I did in 5.3 (i did a
clean install of 6.0) and what happens is the modem dials out to my ISP
it connects and then it just hangs.....on the debug console it says that it
is starting pppd, after a while it times out. when it does connect I cannot
connect to the outside world, netscape cannot find any web addresses, I
tried lynx with no such luck as well.  I know that the easiest thing to do
would be to reinstall 5.3 but I really love all the new features of 6.0
like gnome, KDE 1.1.1 the latest xfree86. I would really like to know what
happened between beautifully stable and configured 5.3 to buggy fickle 6.0

my system

233 mmx intel pentium
64 megs ram
4.3 gig western digital HD
external us robotics 56k sportster modem
mitsumi 32x cdrom
SB awe 64 gold snd card
hercules terminator 3d/dx
microsoft intellimouse ps/2