----- Original Message -----
From: Martin White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 1999 4:57 PM
Subject: [newbie] Yet another Sound Blaster problem

> Okay folks,
>
> I'm getting hacked off with this now, so it's time for  post. I have an
> SBLive which was working perfectly under the basic Mandrake 6 install (ie
> 2.2.9-19 kernel and basic esound + audio RPMS).

Someone at my LUG meeting tonight speculated that in machines with large amounts of
memory (64M), the dma channels are re-mapped and this can cause problems with sound
cards. I don't know if the observation has merit or not. My sound problems stopped
when I swapped my SB16 for and older ESS1688. (I have 128M.)

Hoyt