----- Original Message -----
From: Axalon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 1999 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Yet another Sound Blaster problem

> Ah now thats handy info, in that case try
> pre-install sound insmod sound dmabuf=1
> in your conf.modules

I'll check this one out, but again, i'm not sure how relevent it is to the
SBLive - can't remember off the top of my head whether it uses DMA, and if
it does (do all sound cards ??) what should i do if it uses two.

Thankfully i still dual boot, so i can check all this stuff out in Windows.

Martin.

> On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Hoyt wrote:

amounts of memory (64M), the dma channels are re-mapped and this can cause
problems with sound cards. I don't know if the observation has merit or not.
My sound problems stopped when I swapped my SB16 for and older ESS1688. (I
have 128M.)