On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> Lloyd Osten wrote:

> > >       Of course, such things are trivially easy in Linux...  Wonder why
> > > Microsoft chose such a half-assed method of drive management...
> >
> > Because they're Microsoft and want to make things as easy as possible
> > for the computer illiterate. Just another reason we use something
> > superior.  We basically have total control over where stuff goes.
> >  I personally don't put my programs in there.
> >
> >  --
> > Lloyd Osten
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>  Yeah but that's also why the average person will keep buying
> microsoft,a lot of people I've run into consider a windows installation
> as being a challenging experience.and as long as windows is easier to
> set up,and run,people will continue to put money in bill's pocket.
>
> merc.

I didn't have any problem at all installing Mandrake. I thought it
was at least as easy as Windows. Getting it to boot was a whole
different story. With some help from thislist, I eventually narrowed
it down to quirky hardware. A small change with vi and it's been good
since, except for one Kmail thing.

-
Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]