On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, you wrote:
> > I broke my disk up in 3 partitions.  2 Gig or so for "/root",  64M for "swap", and
>the balance (6Gig) for "/home".  This allows me to reinstall (reformat <:-0 ) the
>/root and swap and not touch any home (user) files
>
> What about /usr and all those other directories I am forgetting?
>
> So, what if I install some great package and then have to reformat and
> reinstall the OS?  How can I salvage that great package?

just copy the package to a partition you aren't going to format. You can copy it back
later.

 --
Lloyd Osten
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I added a /apps partition that doesn't get reformatted.  I haven't installed any apps
to it yet so I don't know if I'll loose any settings, etc.

Joe Gardner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

application/ms-tnef