John May wrote:

> I need more of an opinion on this one.  I am getting a new 3D graphics card
> and I was wanting to know how well the 3dfx VooDoo Banshee chip workes with
> Xwindows.  I am considering, in particular, the Diamond Monster Fusion.  Has
> anybody had any experience with this card?  I would appreciate any info.
>
> Thanks

I'm running the CL SB Voodoo Banshee.  I was running some 3rd party
drivers for a while..
They worked, but it seemed to be 800x600..  CL has a driver on thier
site ( I'm assuming this will work with your card ).
Under support, then drivers..  This latest driver works great..  Running
1280x1024 I think.

DLOAD THE DRIVER before you install.  My desktop ( KDE ) came up in like
300x240 or something. I couldn't even see the desktop.

Get the file, after install boot into runlevel 3.

( When it says Lilo boot: )

type    linux 3

This will give you command line.  Login as root, find the file. Install.
Shutdown. Reboot.
Walla.

Alan

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
Coming to you with Linux-Mandrake 6.0