----- Original Message -----
From: sinx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 1999 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Modem Problems

> Ok, is it not a winmodem, and not a pci bus modem, it's isa. When I did the
> 'setserial /dev/ttyS2' it said irq4, I noticed though, that my modem is on
> irq10, is that the problem? How can it be changed?

You may leave it on irq 10. Looking at man setserial gives us an answer. Using

setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 10

should do it. Then try

setserial /dev/ttyS2

and you should see that it shows irq 10.

Then try kppp again using /dev/ttyS2 as the modem device. If it works, you can add the
line

setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 10

to /etc/rc.local or create a new file called /etc/rc.serial and put it there so it
runs at startup every time. If you create rc.serial, make certain that the file
permission are the same as rc.local.

Hoyt