On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> Isn't that something you'd add to '/etc/modules.conf'?  I might be
> wrong, but the impression I got is that that's where you put the
> 'insmod' to load a module on boot.  Bear in mind, I'm still new at this,
> so I might be wrong.

Well, I *did* say RTFM would be the best bet. :-)
Seriously, insmod is a command to TEMPORARILY (I believe)
insert a module that is not in the modules.conf (thanks for
telling me where to put a new module I need to load at boot
<G>)
>From the insmod man page:
DESCRIPTION
       Insmod installs a loadable module in the running kernel.

       Insmod tries to link a module into the running kernel by resolving all symbols
       from the kernel's exported symbol table.

       If the object file name is given without extension, insmod will search for the
       module  in  some common default directories.  The environment variable MODPATH
       can be used to override this default.