James Schofield wrote:

> PLEASE people .. I assume a Motorola VOICESURFER is not a win modem,
> because it is ISA and I can use it in DOS.
>
> BUT it is PNP and I am not having any luck as of yet getting it working.

Is it possible to move a couple jumpers and take it out of PNP mode?
That typically works best.

The other option is to check Windows or DOS to see what resources the
modem is currently using.  If it's using something non-standard, you can
use setserial in Linux to adjust where Linux looks for the modem.

> ALSO I have not had luck with my SB64 yet.... getting sound.

I _think_ those cards are ESS1370/1371 based.  If so, there really
shouldn't be anything stopping you from running sndconfig and having it
detect the card.  Are modules loaded when you attempt to run sndconfig
that are causing conflicts?  What errors does sndconfig give you?

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator