John Aldrich wrote:

> Not at this time. There's supposed to be support for WinModems in kernel
> 2.4...if you want to wait that long.

 Toby,
I have a Practical Peripheral 28,800 ext modem if you want it. It's not fast
but it works with Linux. I used it for a couple of months before I could
afford to buy a new USR 5686-03. it's yours if you want it, no strings
attached! If interested email me your address and I'll put it the mail to you.

John Connell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]