On 14-Aug-99 Andy Goth wrote:
> I now can get a modem, but I want to be absolutely sure that it works
> with Linux as well as with Windows.  The Linux disributions I will be
> using it with are Mandrake 6 and Red Hat 5.  I will also use it with
> Windows 95 and maybe DOS.  It must be an external modem (how else would
> I share it between a laptop and a PC?).  It should plug into the serial
> port.
>
> I don't want to pay more than $80, but I also need a fast, reliable 56K
> modem.  I heard about a Diamond sale recently, but I no longer have the
> URL.

I'm pretty happy with my internal Diamond SupraExpress and I've seen the
external version of it recommended several times as well.  I don't remember the
exact URL given but I believe it was at Diamond's own site which I think is
www.diamondmm.com.

I don't know if the sale is still going on or how much they're being sold for,
but I know you can also get the SupraExpress for somewhere around $60 at
buycomp.com.

-Tom