Hoorah!  I got Mandrake installed successfully, and everything seems to
work except for one BIG problem.  For some reason, my Netscape, FTP and IRC
connections all come up and tell me that connections to the servers have
been established.  However, it then just sits there and seems like nothing
is getting into my machine!

When trying to load a web page, Netscape says "Host contacted: waiting for
reply" and that's as far as she goes.

When using FTP, it tells me the connection has been established, but I
never receive anything, no matter which FTP server I visit.

The modem seems to connect up to the internet just fine and shows it is
both transmitting and receiving properly.  I entered two DNS IP addresses
when asked by Kppp and must be set up correctly because I am making
connections successfully.  Only problem is that no information flows after
the connection has been established.

When using IRC, it doesn't even connect up to an outside IRC server at all!
 What on earth did I do wrong?

Installation Info:
I installed Mandrake 6.0 on a Cyrix PR200 processor-based machine with 64
meg of EDO RAM.

Hard drive is a Western Digital Caviar 2.0 Gig EIDE drive.

Monitor is a MAG Innovision DJ702 and is being driven by a Diamond Stealth
3D Pro 2000 video card with 4 meg of video memory.

Soundcard is a Soundblaster 16, with 25 Watt Kinyo subwoofer speaker system.

Modem is a wireless Ricochet modem, 28.8 kb/s

Mandrake Installation:  I installed Mandrake using Custom, but allowed all
packages to load by default, with the exception that I activated both
Workstation networking and Server network/administration.

I believe I have provided all the information needed by anyone who is able
to provide assistance to me in this matter.  Your help is greatly
appreciated, and my thanks to you in advance.

Kurt
*** The RULES have CHANGED! You can now get PAID to surf the Web!  FREE ***
*** signup, get paid fifty cents per hour, up to forty hours a month!!  ***
*** Nothing to lose - Signup today!                                     ***
***             http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DDV630             ***