On 17-Aug-99 Kurt wrote:
> Hoorah!  I got Mandrake installed successfully, and everything seems to
> work except for one BIG problem.  For some reason, my Netscape, FTP and IRC
> connections all come up and tell me that connections to the servers have
> been established.  However, it then just sits there and seems like nothing
> is getting into my machine!
>
> When trying to load a web page, Netscape says "Host contacted: waiting for
> reply" and that's as far as she goes.
>
> When using FTP, it tells me the connection has been established, but I
> never receive anything, no matter which FTP server I visit.
>
> The modem seems to connect up to the internet just fine and shows it is
> both transmitting and receiving properly.  I entered two DNS IP addresses
> when asked by Kppp and must be set up correctly because I am making
> connections successfully.  Only problem is that no information flows after
> the connection has been established.

Geez, looks like this problem is getting common.  Okay, my gf had the same
exact problem and this is what fixed it for her:

Go into kppp's settings, and in the screen where you put the phone number for
your ISP in, there is a button labeled 'Arguments' for passing arguments to
pppd.  Click on that, then put in 'novj' as a pppd argument.

I hope that works for you.

-Tom