On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, you wrote:
> I *think* that Linux will ignore the BIOS once it starts up. However, you're
> still dependant on BIOS until it boots. What I would suggest is making a
> "/boot" partition about 500 megs in size

A 500 meg /boot partition. NO WAY.

Just how big do your kernels compile. 500 megs wow, how about 15. The key is to
make sure your boot partition is below the 1023 cyl on your drive. Make your
first partition on your HDD about 15 megs in size and mount it as /boot. Do not
use EZ drive or other drive tool, it's not needed  with Linux if you
keep it all below 1023.

As far a partitioning goes a good setup for most people on say a 4.3 gig drive
is

/boot   15 megs
/       1000 megs
/home   bal
swap    128

Extrapolate this for the size drive you have. A quick note on swap space: Any
swap space above 128 megs is a waste. Linux will not use more than 128 megs per
mounted swap partition. If you need more swap space, make 2 swap partitions at
128 megs.

and then make another partition for

--
Brett Jones