ok, so I want to install Mandrake on this computer. As it stands now I am
having a very hard time getting support from NEC because the machine is so
old. They did come out with a bios that would autoconfig a drive and also
could do LBA mode. But I have had no luck flashing this machine with it.
They say it might not work because its for European machines. But I own
another slower laptop that HAS been upgraded to this bios. HO HUM..

ANyway.. what your saying is.. let the bios dectect it as whatever it
wants.. then when I boot from the /boot partition which will be inside that
"fake" drive it will then see the true size of the drive??

I am not sure on this.. as I have had problems with it finding incompatable
drive sizes before (posted about a week ago)

HMMMMMMMM