Will the bios let you set custom hdd settings? Many will, if this is the
case just plug in the settings for your drive. The bios should only pick up the
first 540 megs. If you install lilo on the MBR and you have the /boot partition
at the start of the hdd then all should be okay, Linux does not care about hdd
settings in the bios beyond the boot issue. If you can not plug in custom hdd
setting with this bios, then I don't know what to tell you.

--
Brett Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]