I'm not with Rogers but on home through Shaw.  We got 3Com cards when we
were set up.  I can't remember the exact model at the moment.

Anyway, to make a long story short.  If you're not afraid to open your
computer up take a good look at the nic and get the brand name, any
model names, and any model numbers on the major chips on it.  This
should help you to identify the card.

I'd help you with configuring it but I haven't had to so I don't know
enough to point you in the right direction there.  When I installed
Mandrake the detection of the card went flawlessly and all I had to tell
it to do was use dhcp to obtain this system's ip address.

I think you will have to use 'netcfg' from root to set things up.  There
may be a man page on it you can refer to.  It may also be in one of the
many how-to documents.  Take a look through /usr/doc to see what you can
find.