On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, you wrote:

> > # mount -t umsdos /dev/[whatever-drive-and-partition-for-dos]
> > /mnt/[whatever-directory-you-want-the-dos-partition-mounted-at]
> >
> > (all on one line).
>
>  Negative, umsdos requires utilitys and preperation beyond just a mount
> command.
>
> groupadd vfat
> edit the fstab everyline that has vfat in it replace "defaults" with
> "defaults,g=vfat,umask=002"
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                         --Axalon
OK - I tried the responses that I received to my question about mounting the
fat partition.
In the console, as root, I typed groupadd vfat. Then I went to my /etc/fstab
file to edit the vfat lines in it except there was no mention of vfat anywhere
in the file. I believe that my fat partition is hda1, but I'm not sure. That's
the way it's setup in the partition tables anyway. So now my question is
1. How do I determine what the partition table looks like in Linux, I assume
that my fat partition is hda1, but I'm not entirely certain.
I should be able to make it work with this information. I tried several
different variations on the mount command and not one of them worked, so I must
be specifying the wrong partition. Thanks, Ken