Hello.  I am a real Linux newbie, and this appears to be the place I'm allowed to ask real newbie questions.

I am running Mandrake 6.0 (with KDE) on a Dell Optiplex GX1 (with an ATI Technologies 3D PRO TURBO graphics card) with Windows NT 4.0.  I have LILO installed on the 14gig C drive.  I have Windows on the first partition, and Linux on the last 3.

My questions are:

1 How do I change the screen resolution within Linux?  It is too high and everything is hard to read.

2 When I run Gimp, my screen colors change--they become so dark I can not read the buttons on the title bar of Gimp itself.  When I activate any other window, the colors return to normal again.  What's the problem?

3 I tried to change the default system of LILO from somewhere inside the linuxconf, but when I activated the changes, it generated an error.  I think I saw somewhere that LILO does not run so well with Windows NT.  Is this true?  Even if it is true, is there a way to change the default system?  (I am expecting to get another hard drive in a few months, but in the meantime, I only have one)

Thank you very much,
Hershel Robinson